www.maidenarg.com.ar || Iron Maiden Argentina 2015
La Comunidad Argentina de Iron Maiden.
Te invitamos a conocer detalles de la banda, las últimas noticias y novedades. Curiosidades, información, imagenes y descargas dentro de nuestro foro.
Registráte, y disfrutá del único sitio Argentino de Iron Maiden...
Up the iRonS!!!!!

Carta Abierta de Axl Rose

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Carta Abierta de Axl Rose

Mensaje por Colo Mc Brain el 19/12/2008, 11:41 am

Bueno finalmente axl salio a contar sus verdades, y habla de muchas cosas mas interesantes, practicamente de todo, de duff, de slash, de izzy y de matt, hasta habla de zakk wylde y aquella posible union al grupo cuando todavia se encontra slash y demas...habla desde cosas q hacen alusion al nombre Guns n Roses, q es bueno saber, y basicamente tambien habla de algo, q por lo menos yo pensaba, q axl aca no es el culpable de todo, y q slash duff y matt tienen su buena parte en la separacion de la banda....
dejo algunos parrafos interesantes ya q la carta es larguisima:

"...I still didn't grasp any other issues until long after I'd left and formed a new partnership which was only an effort to salvage Guns not steal it.

In my opinion the reality of the shift and the public embarrassment and ridicule by others (which included a lot of not so on the level business types he was associating with at the time) for not contesting the rights to the brand name, were more than Slash could openly face. Also we aren't lawyers or formally business educated so it was just a matter of all of us being naïve and doing what we thought was right at the time. Slash was imo being on the up and up in agreeing I had the rights and I wasn't trying to be some snake in the grass pulling a fast one. The others could've cared less.

But when the reality of the breakup hit and the strategy to have me crawl back was put into play Slash had to save face and get business team and public support. Painting me as the one who held a crowd hostage forcing the others to sign over the name worked out pretty well in that regard. I'm the bad guy and Duff, the fans and most importantly himself were the victims. Oh and they had actually made the sacrifice for the crowd, the people, the fans at the show. But again.... IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Why keep the name? I'm literally the last man standing. Not bragging, not proud. It's been a fucking nightmare but I didn't leave Guns and I didn't drive others out. With Slash it's been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I'd worked hard for where Slash's exact words were that he didn't care. I get that some like a different version or lineup the same way some like a specific team line up or a particular year of a specific car but because you and I are getting played I'm supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?

I didn't make a solo record. A solo record would be completely different than this and probably much more instrumental. I made a Guns record with the right people who were the only people who really wanted to help me try, were qualified and capable while enduring the public abuse for years . The songs were chosen by everyone involved. I didn't want to do This I love in anyway shape or form and Robin and Caram insisted gaining Tommy's and the others support. There's been a lot of pressure to go with using my name (all external) but that never felt right to me for this band and the parameters in regard to this music have lots more to do with the mindset of Guns than something else. The instrumental I wrote for End of Days that's more a solo effort at least presently.

In regard to nuGuns, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns.

And I'm not talking change of styles or sounds etc. A lot of people bought that crap and me having gone in other directions seems to many to have verified that. Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash's book but I have the rehearsal tapes. There's nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl would've put words and melodies on it could've... That was denied and I didn't walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or fuck off.

Also the name was what the industry wanted as well and the burden of keeping it was something to endure in order to make the record. After the monies invested by old Geffen (that were decisions made that have worked out for me but I'm on record as having opposed) dropping the name became suicide.

The heart and commitment these guys play the material with is much more than the others were prepared to give pursuing their own interests for a very long time. The music changed after Slash and I parted so the direction was where I took Guns not where I had intended or tried to go previously. It had a lot to do with not finding or knowing a more blues based player that I found inspiring and I was really knocked down and beat up. Slash, Duff and Matt's decisions had as much to do with kicking a guy when he's down or abandoning ship at the time as anything else. Other things were going on with music as well, we were basically dead at Geffen. I liked other things as well so I wanted to explore, be legitimate and survive. I wasn't doing what was written so often about chasing fads etc. Jesus, I wouldn't have agreed for Zakk to come down if any of Slash's or the media's nonsense were real. And that could've worked on some level but like Guns it would've been up to those two and their relationship. They talk nice but it wasn't pretty... but it was pretty awesome!!

No plans not to be Guns for the future.

Solo efforts... Much more experimental and instrumental...."

Fuente: www.gunsnroses.com

hay muchas cosas mas dignas de leer, pero bueno jeje

Colo Mc Brain
Nivel 9 - Aces High

Cantidad de envíos : 668

Re: Carta Abierta de Axl Rose

Mensaje por pablo_maiden el 19/12/2008, 2:11 pm

cada uno va a decir lo que tira para su lado seguramente, y le va a hechar la culpa a los otros, si separaron fue por culpa de todos y no de uno solo

pablo_maiden
Nivel 10 - Moonchild

Cantidad de envíos : 1099

Mensaje por Anarkangel el 19/12/2008, 8:14 pm

que bueno que salio esta carta... estoy de acuerdo en un monton de cosas que dice, es verdad que mucha gente lo trata de forro, etc, pero lo unico que tiene es que esta loquito pero no creo que sea forro ni nada parecido...
y el dejo el nombre, porque no queria ser solista ni queria dejar los guns, y el mismo reconoce que es el unico...

"With Slash it's been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me."
cuanta razon...

Anarkangel
Nivel 14 - The Trooper

Cantidad de envíos : 3016

http://elrocklog.blogspot.com/

Mensaje por Tukultinimurta el 19/12/2008, 8:49 pm

Tipico.... creo que la disolusion de guns fue por parte de todos... en fin... buen disco tiro axl este año. Para mi..va'

Tukultinimurta
Nivel 12 - Alexander The Great

Cantidad de envíos : 2430

http://archeion.webs.com

Mensaje por Platina el 9/1/2009, 12:08 am

Slash tiró tooooooooooooooda su carrera a la borda desde el día que hizo ese horror de video.....con Paulina Rubio!!!!!! NO PODEEEEEEEES!!!!!

Es como como mezclar relleno de Bon O Bon con aceite de oliva!! jajajajaa

Platina
Nivel 7 - Tailgunner

Cantidad de envíos : 206

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado Hoy a las 11:05 am

Contenido patrocinado

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba